Health, Safety & Environmental Manager - Norwich 50k + Benefits
Are you an experienced HSE Manager looking for a new challenge? As HSE lead for this large manufacturing business, supporting the Senior Management Team with HSE management system requirements, policies and procedures, you will regularly update the companys HSE contingency policies/procedures.
Overseeing all investigations, ensuring any accident investigations are effectively undertaken, liasing with Department Managers, requesting and collating information to provide an informed lead to those undertaking accidents and incident investigations and critically review the subsequent report to ensure that it is suitable.
Coordinate and carry out regular H&SE Audits and Risk Assessments to identify where non-conformities exist and where corrective and preventative actions are needed to ensure that effective H&SE Management Systems are in place. Assess H&SE trends and report to relevant personnel and the Site Operations Director and undertake
appropriate tasks to ensure that information, advice and guidance provided is in line with the organisation’s Health & Safety and Environment and Energy management system.
Regularly liaise with the Site Operations Director regarding H&SE safety and environmental issues and any critical issues or potential or imminent breaches of H&SE legislation.
Submit Annual Pollution Inventory Reports to the Environment Agency before the due date, Maintain MCERT compliance for the Effluent plant, maintain Certification to ISO 14001 and ISO 50001 .Submit CCA returns to the EA and BPC when required.
Liaise regularly with the Company’s Occupational Health Service and the HR Department to follow up accident investigation details and any other H&S related issues.
Liaise with the Company’s Training Manager in order to identify, develop and deliver courses relating to safety management.
To respond in a timely manner to any internal or external H&SE complaints, concerns and communications (i.e. such as Union rep communications, residential noise/odour complaints).
Qualifications and experience required:
NEBOSH and IOSH certificate. (Also a NEBOSH Diploma or NVQ level 6 Health &Safety).
- Minimum of 5 + years Health and Safety and Environmental experience in a manufacturing environment
- Environmental Science/ Protection Degree/ Diploma.
- Member of an environmental organisation such as IEMA.
- Qualified an Environmental and Energy and Health and Safety External/Internal Auditor.
- Have experience of managing compliance with Environmental Permits.
- Have experience of being externally audited by Regulators such as EA and HSE.
- Knowledge of Pollution Inventory Reporting and MCERT environmental monitoring certification at Effluent Plants.
- Good understanding of the requirements of the Environmental and Energy Management Systems and Health and Safety Management Systems: ISO 14001, ISO 5001,45001.
- Experience of being externally audited by Regulators and other interested parties.
- Experience of carrying out H&SE Audits, Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Accident investigation and RIDDOR reporting experience.
If you have the desired experience and qualifications to be considered for this post please forward your CV to Jwastell@contract-personnel.ltd.uk or call Jennie on 01603 764044