Our client is leading Poultry Company who grows and processes free range and organic chickens and turkeys to RSPCA assured standards in the East Anglian countryside whilst our processing facility, which is also RSPCA assured, guarantees our birds continue to receive the utmost care.
My Client currnetly has a great opportunity for an experienced Production Shift Manager/Deputy Factory Manager to join their exisiting team based on the outskirts of Attleborough, Norfolk.
This is an exciting role within a fast-paced environment which requires’ a hands-on, dynamic leader with an open mind to change and improvement and proven success in a food manufacturing or FMCG environment. A good understanding of the technical and quality aspects of food production is essential along with a solutions-led approach to ensure the continual smooth running of the production function.
Reporting to the Factory Manager, you will assist with the smooth running of the production shift on a day- to- day basis whilst driving longer term improvements. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Taking accountability for your team’s delivery against all departmental KPIs, highlighting potential risks and identifying solutions ahead of time (including H&S, quality, labour and waste).
- Managing and coaching your team to be highly effective in their roles whilst minimising short and long-term skills gaps: reviewing performance, identifying & creating training needs and development opportunities.
- Supervising resource levels, with attention to seasonal demand. Identify opportunities to reduce labour spend where possible without compromising quality, safety or waste.
- Ensuring compliance to all company policies and procedures, systems’ and paperwork.
- To ensure and be responsible that your Area conforms to all company and legislative health and safety requirements and drive a positive Health and Safety Culture within your team.
- To maintain smooth and cost- effective operations in your area and ensure customer requirements are met in a cost effective and timely manner regarding quality and delivery times.
- Motivate and supervise team of line leaders/operatives to achieve required production volumes.
- Communicate with the team by delivering shift briefs with focus on quality, cost & delivery, and gathering ideas for improvement.
- Drive performance of team members, giving direction and feedback to aid good performance.
Knowledge and Experience
- A background in Team Leading or Management.
- A strong personality with good ideas.
- Knowledge and Experience in H&S within the workplace.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Knowledge and understanding of Production line equipment, i.e. set-up / changeovers
- Reliable, organised & flexible.
- Able to multi-task.
- Team player
The package we are offering:
Hours of work: 06.00 – 16.00 Monday to Friday (flexibility is needed)
28 days holiday per year (inclusive of bank holiday days), increasing by one day for each year of service up to a maximum of 33 days
Contributory pension scheme
On site parking
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.
For more details on this position please contact Pete Watson on 01603 764044 or email your CV to email@example.com