Our client are an award-winning pig production company who are passionate about breeding and nurturing the best pigs in the country.
An exciting opportunity for an Assistant Finishing Manger has arisen to support our clients Finishing Manager. We require an experienced fieldsman who is confident working across all areas of the Finishing Team in the East Anglian Region.
Job requirements of Assistant Finishing Manager
• Provide Support and Cover for Finishing Manager when required
• Actively involved with all areas of the pig finishing process in order to meet the business requirements for the company for a designated area
• Ensure that the five freedoms in respect of animal welfare are followed by all colleagues
• Operate to the set strategic, physical and financial targets.
• Ensure contractors operate facilities to the agreed welfare and customer requirements.
• To operate to the required health and safety standards
• Development of Contract producers for continued improvement.
• Support all organised training and team meetings
• Ensure Company recording and monitoring systems are updated in line with requirements to support compliance for own area and that of the wider finishing team
What you will need:
• High Welfare Pig Production, practical knowledge and with proven experience
• Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build key stakeholder relationships both internally and externally
• A full driving licence
Pay and benefits:
• Salary – £competitive & Company Vehicle
• Pension – 3% employer contributions/5% employee contributions
• Discounted share scheme
• Death in service insurance